Virginia-based kids’ enrichment and educational franchise stands out in the industry
Romp n’ Roll franchise is a kids’ enrichment and educational franchise unlike the traditional gym-, art- or music-only ones found in most communities. Romp n’ Roll is unique as it targets a specific demographic — children ages 3 months to 5 years — with comprehensive, research-based and developmentally appropriate gym, music, dance, science and art classes all under one roof. Parents and kids can have fun together while learning and developing skills that prepare them for school.
Romp n’ Roll curriculum is based on research
“We serve children 3 months through 5 years old and that age span is just vast when you’re talking about development,” Vice President of Operations Jenneane Snyder explains. “The most important things that will happen in a child’s life happen in those first five years. We have a big responsibility to make sure we are presenting our classes in ways that are appropriate for every age we serve so we put a lot of research into our curriculum development. This is where art meets science – the children are playing and having fun but they are also learning. Our job is to make sure the fun and the learning – the art and the science – work hand in hand.”
Each week, a different theme brings to life our research-based curriculum. This week you may learn about superheroes and next week you’ll explore outer space. Our themes inform every aspect of the child’s class experience. “We tie the literature we read, the songs that we sing, the background music that’s playing, the activities we perform and the art projects we create to the week’s theme. There’s a different theme each week of the year,” Jenneane says. Our curriculum is so creative, varied and comprehensive that your child could participate in Romp n’ Roll from infancy to kindergarten-age without ever repeating a class! Jenneane says, “If your child skipped around, went to all different classes, at all the different age ranges and different themes, you could very well start at three months and leave when you turn six and never have taken the same class twice.”
We nurture parents as we enrich and educate their kids
Research shows that parents will spend as much as they possibly can to give their kids an advantage. As parents desire less screen time for their preschoolers and more one-on-one interaction with them, they demand affordable and high quality options. Romp n’ Roll is the answer to the need.
So many parents of young children today are overwhelmed with the responsibilities of work and family life. Whether they are stay-at-home, work-at-home or work-outside-the-home, today’s parents want the best for their children and are often torn between simply needing a break and adult interaction and making sure they are giving their kids the best in enrichment opportunities.
Romp n’ Roll can provide both. It’s an amazing social outlet and emotional break for parents and it offers the highest quality activities for the kids. It’s a win-win all the way around. Co-founder Babz Barnett says, “We have a great curriculum and we’re a lot of fun, but we are also committed to nurturing parents. Often, they lose their identity — especially Mom — when that baby comes and they feel lost. So parents have a place to go that is not only great for the child, but is also great for the grown-ups and nurturing for the grown-ups.”
The Romp n’ Roll story begins with our co-founders, Michael and Babz Barnett. As parents of young children themselves who desired these types of classes for their own kids, Michael and Babz were disappointed at the offerings in their hometown of Richmond, Virginia. So, they set out to create a place for kids and their parents, which offered a wide variety of high quality classes led by enthusiastic, well-trained instructors and held in a clean, safe, whimsical environment. Romp n’ Roll’s first location opened in October 2004.
Michael and Babz opened their second location less than a year later and granted their first franchise in 2007. In 2010 they granted a “Master Franchise” license to a group in China, all while adding new locations in the U.S.
In 2010, Michael and Babz were invited to appear on ABC’s reality show, Shark Tank. They were offered a deal by two of the sharks, which they turned down, and they still happily own 100% of the company. Today, Romp n’ Roll has more than 110 locations in multiple countries.
Our focus now is on rapid expansion in the United States, beginning with the Eastern part of the country. “Within the next year, we hope to add 10 to 12 new franchises to the Romp n’ Roll family,” CEO and co-founder Michael Barnett says. “Within the next five years, our goal is to add 80 to 100 new franchises. By 2030, we hope to be the largest company within our industry.”
Romp n’ Roll’s mission is to provide the most entertaining and educational experience for children five and under and their grownups by offering the widest variety of creative classes, camps and parties brought to life by a dynamic team and set in a whimsical, safe, clean environment in cities across America and around the world.
Our core values
- Romp n’ Roll is the FUN place for families to go. We must personify fun by being outgoing and charismatic at all times. No matter what is going on in our personal lives, it must remain outside of the doors at Romp n’ Roll and each team member needs to be “on” for our customers.
- The environment at Romp n’ Roll has to remain fluid. The structure belongs in our curriculum. We must be able to adapt to any situation that may occur in any given day.
- Strive everyday to exceed customers’ needs and expectations. It starts with being service-oriented, which is a willingness to treat co-workers and clients with courtesy, consideration and tact.
- 212 (two-twelve) is a simple philosophy we use that increases motivation by reminding us of how a small amount of extra effort and attention can have a big impact on results. It begins with the premise, “At 211 degrees, water is hot. At 212 degrees, it boils. And with boiling water comes steam. And with steam, you can power a train. Just one extra degree can make all the difference.”
- Good communication can make or break a company. Lack of communication between staff and customers and in-between staff opens up the possibility for poor service. There is no such thing as over-communicating.
- It starts and ends with a positive attitude. With a positive attitude we can accomplish great things.
Now is the time to bring Romp n’ Roll to your community
In most every community, parents of young children are desperate for the type of enrichment and education activities that Romp n’ Roll offers. We are unique in that we target a specific age group — 3 months to 5 years — with a comprehensive offering of research-based gym, art and music classes, all under one roof. In most markets, we have no direct competitors.
We are interested in talking with motivated entrepreneurs who are eager to work hard, follow our proven business model and want to make a difference in their communities. Fill out the form on the right to start a conversation with us.
Want to own your own Romp n Roll?
Call (804) 965-6940
- What Is Romp n’ Roll Franchise?
- What Makes Us Unique?
- How Large Is the Industry?
- Why Romp n’ Roll Is an Attractive Business Model
- Initial Investment and Startup Costs
- How Much Can I Make?
- Who Makes a Successful Business Owner?
- Why Customers Love Us
- Training and Support
- Available and Growth Markets
- Meet Our Franchise Owners
- Meet the Romp n’ Roll Management Team
- Next Steps
Get in Touch
9673 W Broad St
Glen Allen, VA 23060